Manufacturing, Services and Transportation Loans Program
Under the manufacturing sector, the Bank will:
- Give priority to those projects which accrue positive net benefits to the economy, in terms of employment generation and income creation, improved foreign exchange earnings and retention.
- Place special emphasis on projects with export potential, including manufacturing, assembling and processing facilities; the purchase and installation of industrial equipment and machinery; and projects which utilize substantial raw material and intermediate inputs from local sources and which therefore have high local value added.
- Fund the construction of factory buildings, including the purchase of lands.
With respect to the services and transportation sectors, the Bank will provide lending support to:
- small engineering services;
- approved catering facilities, bakeries;
- repair shops;
- general cleaning;
- machine shops;
- management, accounting and consultancy services,
- information, communication and technology services
- dental and medical services and general health services
- professional services;
- transportation services;
- automobile repair
- electronic and electrical repairs
- shipping and airlines including passenger and freight
- general services
The Bank may include working capital financing as part of its overall financing of projects.